This super simple, clean-up free, super food meal takes less than 25 minutes start to finish and is sure to have your taste buds bouncing! There are a variety of awesome health benefits for eating salmon. It is high in rare amino acids and loaded with omega-3s which support digestion and healthy muscle growth. Garlic is full of vitamins and has been proven to combat illness. Lemon also aids in digestion and improves metabolism function and immunity. Add a side of Kale or put it right into the packet to finish this recipe off strong!
- 1 portion fresh salmon (6-8oz)
- 1/2 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1/4 white onion, sliced
- 4 cloves of fresh garlic, cut in half’s
- 1TB Capers
- Tin Foil, roughly 12x12in
- Place salmon skin side down on tin foil. Top with onion, garlic and 1/2 of the capers. Next, layer the lemon slices down the salmon (pictured). Finish with a squeeze of fresh lemon and the remaining capers.
- Gather the foil and fold at the top, then bake at 400 degrees for 12 minutes.
- Serve inside the foil packet on top of a plate for a rustic look that keeps all the yummy juices gathered! I personally do not add any additional seasoning because the capers and garlic add just enough alone!
Note: Remember to always cook and eat organic! To read more on this, check out this article from the Organic Consumers Association