Detoxing your body is a quick and heathy way to shed a few pounds. Clean up your diet by removing processed foods and add in this simple Tea-Tox recipe I developed! Drink it in the morning before breakfast and at lunch after you eat!
- Green tea bags
- Ginger tea bags
- Fresh mint leaves
- Fresh cucumber
- Fresh Lemon
DIRECTIONS (for 1 cup):
1. Muddle 3 slices of cucumber and 2 mint leaves in a mug.
2. Add 1 green tea bag and 1 ginger tea bag, then add hot water and steep for 5 minutes.
3. Remove solid ingredients, and finish with the squeeze of half a lemon.
WHY IT WORKS:
- Green Tea-Not only does the super leaf contain caffein, a stimulant that aids in weight loss, it also contains a large amount of antioxidants called catechins (4). The main focus, however, is EGCG (Epigallocatechin gallate), a substance that can boost metabolism.
- Ginger Tea- This funny looking root is actually a powerful tool not only in weight loss but in health in general. Dealing with cleansing specifically, ginger is an amazing ingredient that promotes digestion and cleansing of the colon. A cleaned out colon means better digestion, therefore more digestion and in turn promotes healthy weightless!
- Lemon- Lemon is a Diuretic which means it helps you urinate more frequently, leading to the flushing of toxins. It is also loaded with pectin fiber which helps fight cravings! The tart fruit also aids in digestion and boosts immunity!
- Cucumber- A crunchy snack normally used in salads has actually been proven to help aid in digestion and flush the kidneys. Plus, its a little sweet and a lot delicous!
- Mint- Not only does the leafy goodness taste amazing next to its friends the lemon, cucumber, and green tea it also takes care of bloating and helps remove excess water weight.
Photography: Chandler Kim
3 thoughts on “Skinny Teatox”
I was just thinking about whipping up something similar to this tonight! I love making this as spring and summer approach. I use a very similar recipe except I also include dandelion tea for de-bloating. thanks for sharing- I’d love for you to share at my link up tomorrow!
Its delicous and an awesome tool transitioning into the warmer months! Dandelion is incredible, that is a great suggestion thanks!! I would love to share, what do I need to do?! 😀
All you have to do is go to my blogs homepage and I’ve got direction right there 🙂